Is someone you love battling a substance use disorder? And you’ve tried everything – begged, bargained, cried, cajoled, pleaded, threatened, issued ultimatums. Nothing works. Mike Pond delivers positive, practical tools designed to help your loved one and keep your family healthy too.
Who should hear this talk?
- Friends of those with a substance use disorder
What you’ll learn:
- The 5 most destructive myths about addiction
- What causes addiction
- How punishment makes the disorder worse
- 7 steps of Positive Communication
- How to roll with resistance
- How medications can help
- How to look after yourself