When you’re mired in conflict and chaos due to a family member’s constant drug or alcohol use, the stress seems unbearable at times. In this workshop, Mike uses the concepts of Community Reinforcement and Family Training to teach participants new skills that will reduce conflict and promote wellbeing of all family members, including the user.
Who should take this workshop?
- Family support services
- Governmental and non-governmental organizations
- Family support groups
- Mental health and addiction support groups
- High school and university students
What you’ll learn:
- The 5 most destructive myths about addiction
- What causes addiction
- How punishment makes the disorder worse
- 7 steps of Positive Communication
- How to roll with resistance
- How Medications can help.
- How to look after yourself