Mike Pond believes every client possesses wisdom about their own condition and deserves to be treated with respect and compassion. After a thorough assessment, Pond collaborates with his client to design a treatment plan using only evidence-based approaches.
Mike’s practice framework:
- A deep understanding of trauma.
- The principles of harm reduction
- A belief in the healing power of working with families.
- Reliance on evidence-based treatments
- All delivered with empathy, compassion and kindness.
What does “evidence-based” mean? It means these therapies have all been proven in successive scientific clinical trials to be effective. In addition, Mike strongly encourages clients find a support group in which they feel comfortable. Groups like SMART Recovery, Alcoholics Anonymous, Refuge Recovery are all effective for some people. Shop around until you find one that works for you.
If medication is required, Mike works to help educate client’s doctors about the choices available.